Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Reflection

Last week, I blogged about applying one of my strengths into my daily routine. My strength that I used was gratitude, and my task was to get out of my comfort zone and affirm a stranger or friend to further my thanks for what they have done for me. At first, I felt like nothing had changed because saying “thank you” was normal for me. However, on Friday morning before my first class, I went to Starbucks. I was walking to the entrance as I saw an elderly woman with a cane walking the same direction. From here, I decided to do a good deed. I walked slowly to make sure I can hold the door open for her. Not only did I hold the door open for her, but I also bought her a grande coffee. I practically spent my whole morning before school started with this woman. Through this short period of time, I felt so much gratitude and humility because I realized how great I felt after, knowing that I was able to offer her help as well as buying her a hot coffee to keep her warm on the chilly morning. As I picked up my drink, I passed by the table she was sitting at and I told her, “Have a blessed day!” I am glad with how I stepped out of my comfort zone in order to use my strength and make someone else’s day brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment